Saturday 31 October 2015

An Update on Editing Progress

31/10/15

This post includes information on updates to the film's editing process.

Since the last update on my project's development, a few decisions and challenges have been addressed.

Firstly, all footage has been reviewed and I have sorted shots into different categories that will make editing more efficient; I will now know where to look for files.

Secondly, I had considered possibilities of where to edit my film. I had thought about the opportunity to edit the sequence at school on computers with the more powerful software of Adobe Premiere Elements installed on them, but this would not allow as much time dedicated to completing the film as I would get at home on my laptop. Secondly, saving video files on D-drives at school would interfere with other students' media coursework. Thus, I will continue to work on the short film at home on Windows Live Movie Maker.

Lastly, I have pondered over whether or not I should/could include more of a music video element to my short film. This would involve dubbing much of the ambient sound in places with a song I chose. While this may make the film progress better, I have not filmed with that in mind so it may not exhibit all my potential strengths at filming music videos. I have decided to continue editing the short film as primarily a sequence of continuous events rather than a music video, but have allowed myself enough time to produce a separate file in which I may put together a music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment